Wednesday, October 12, 2011

School Is Hard

What I'm Listening To Right Now: Candleburn - Dishwalla
What Mood I'm In Today: Writing


So school is literally kicking my butt.  But I love it.  Who knew what an adventure Literary Criticism would be?  I've read Saussure, Lacan, Freud, Barthes...and have yet to read more.  I have learned so much about language and everything that goes along with it.

Because I've been so busy, I'm not blogging as much.  But I will say this.  I've written several short stories lately, one on my own, and several with the help of my hubby.  He's got awesome ideas, I tell you what.  And now, I'm thinking about posting some of the short stories online, just to let people get a feel for them.  Look out, world. 

With Halloween upon us, I have several suggestions for good reads.  Who can resist?

Poetry: Edgar Allen Poe.  My personal favorite is The Tell Tale Heart.  Incredibly creepy.  Read it when it's raining, and twilight is just starting. 
Young Adult: Scott Westerfield's Midnighters Series.  If you time it right, read all three books, ending on Halloween.  Blue Noon has got a lot to do with it. 
Childrens: Fright Night Flight
Adults: Anything by Ambrose Bierce.  My personal favorite is The Boarded Window.  Love it! 

Happy Halloween Everybody!  Maybe in November, my blog will be longer...or I'll have a short story for you for Halloween, if I can get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment