Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Gathering Blue

What I'm listening to right now: If You Could Only See, Tonic
What mood I'm in today: Reading

Today has been kind of weird. For lots of reasons, the least of which is I'm tired of looking at my computer. I'm kind of in a situation where I have to spend a lot of time with my youngest son, which means I get to watch Pokemon, Phineas and Ferb, and The Flash (good thing I actually like this show, though Phineas and Ferb can be pretty funny sometimes) repeatedly for several days. I'm also planning on running through the sprinklers tonight. And cutting back my dying lavender. And probably reading some more of Cogling, by Jordan Elizabeth.

Did I mention it's hot? I need a Popsicle. Be right back.



I almost forgot this little gem, Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. It's the second book in The Giver series (which I just learned recently is actually a series). While I didn't love it as much as I loved The Giver, I really thought it had a good message and was an interesting story. In a harsh society, much more blatant one than Jonas', the crippled aren't worth much. Kira's mother insists she's strong and is able to contribute to society. Read my entire review here on Goodreads.

Hopefully next month I will be ten degrees cooler, at least.

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment