Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Endlessly


What I’m listening to right now: This Is Halloween, Nightmare Before Christmas

What mood I’m in today: Reading
 
 
Endlessly, by Kirsten White, is the last book in the Supernaturally trilogy. I think I mentioned when I reviewed Paranormalcy that I couldn’t wait to read this book. And I have to tell you, I was not disappointed!  

What the book is about: The last in the Supernaturally trilogy, Evie realizes something big is going down and it has to do with the Faerie Realm. Her old boss and mother-figure Raquel has mysteriously gone missing after making a strange one-note appearance where she didn’t act like herself at all. Boyfriend Lend is loyal, and Reth and Jack reappear, and with the help of vampire friend Arianna they help Evie figure out why all the paranormals are suddenly congregating around her.

The gist is that she has to open a gate again, even though she doesn’t know how. Nor does she want to. Not only that, but something weird is going on at IPCA (or is it ICPA?) and Raquel is unreachable, which makes her worry. The new person in charge wants Evie to make a gate to, but not the same kind that the paranormals would like…

What I liked about this book:  Fun and intense at the same time. One of my favorite parts is when the Dark Queen makes it so Lend falls asleep every time Evie is in the same room. Talk about overcoming the worst situations for the one you love.

I loved the ending. Vivian (Evie’s sort-of twin) does all the things she can’t do – they balance each other out. I won’t give away more here, but definitely some losses, and some gains, that were well written and satisfying.

What I didn’t like about this book: Evie is sometimes a bit of a blonde. But she’s also a teenager, so I think I have to cut her some slack.

Overall I give it 4 out of 5. I would recommend it and probably read it again, which means I’m willing to purchase it. If you like the Fey and other paranormal stories, you’re sure to love Endlessly!

Link to Paranormalcy website

No comments:

Post a Comment